Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How to talk to parent about times

re... : How to talk to parent about times           reply
21/05/2014 17:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
That is one thing that drives me mad about after school care. Pick up is 6 so please have the manners to be there at 6 (text also would be nice if they are going to be late!). It always makes me mad that after being late (by 15 mins) four nights in a row they get home early themselves on a friday and still don´t look for their kids until 6pm!!! Very annoying.

07/04/2014 18:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for that I will try but I think she may either annoyed or embarrssed and I really don´t want to do either. But I don´t want to be taken for a fool either as I agreed a really good rate in her favour .

How to talk to parent about times           reply
07/04/2014 16:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi just wondering if anyone has any advice. I mind for a family and the agreement was that there may be the odd time they would be late. This has now become 3or 4 times a week with no extra money. I also know the mother does be home half hour or so early some days and doesn´t collect kids until the the normal time. I don´t know how to approach them about this as I don´t want any hard feelings. Anyone any ideas. I really feel like giving it up but really need the money.

re : How to talk to parent about times           reply
07/04/2014 18:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ask her do you think you need to review pick up times as u notice she is running late most evenings, lates would be bearable if she came early when when she can but she does not so do not hesitate in addressing this asap.

07/04/2014 21:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I once sat outside my gate closed in my car with the child and my own and did a very swift change over. Speed off down the road. Next morning I said sorry about rushing off yesterday just I didnt know you running late, a text would be appreciated in future....never happened again....
equally until im sure of a parent I comment your early this morning as next thing arriving 15 mins early every morning. I know a childminder who doesnt open her door till dot of starting time, no matter if doorbell rang out of it.
def do something as your being taking advantage of. I have no issue with any parent shopping.being home etc if its within the hours agreed. Its only annoying u as she late repeatly.

08/04/2014 06:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I don´t mind her doing shopping etc during agreed minding times but if she has been late a couple of times I think it would be fair not only to me but to her children to collect early when she is home early. Iam going to have a chat with her this evening and see how things work out from there. Thanks am ill for advice mindermum

07/04/2014 20:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If u do not address this you will be taken for a fool.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;