How to see the curent grades?

re : How to see the curent grades?           reply
23/09/2009 16:02 - Parents Associations
-----------------------------------
Just replied to this query.

re... : How to see the curent grades?           reply
23/09/2009 16:47 - Parents Associations
There are advantages to every system. This is a very different system to that in California. Some aspects will be much better while other aspects you will find very different to what you are used to. The idea of continuous assessment as opposed to focus on an end of term or year exam is very much the emphasis in the U.S. Here the emphasis is on termly and end of year exams, with P/T meetings also meant as a means of feedback between home and school.
Once again, I would reiterate that after 3 weeks, your best means of checking is to ask your son how he is finding the various subjects. Bear in mind also that your son needs time to settle in. Relax.

How to see the curent grades?           reply
22/09/2009 17:30 - Parents Associations (Locality: Cork)
hi,
we are new to Ireland and Irish education, can you explain me please i am a parent my son is at second year of a secondary school in cork but when i ask him do you have some grades since the beginning of the school year and he answered ´´no´´
where and how can i check his current grades? because then might be late at the end of term...you can´t improve your grade it;s final.
in California at his school every student has his /her own account, id and a password so parents can go online it calls InClass and check the homework and the grades on each subject. also once for two weeks teachers send home a progress card with current grades then you can see at what you need to work harder to improve the grade by the end of semester.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;