Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much should I pay

re... : How much should I pay           reply
17/02/2014 22:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
The rate jumps as childminder has to travel, plus the childminder cant mind other families increasin their rate, your paying for the exclusive use of the childminder. Plus your saving in terms of getting child out in the morning etc. Why dont you consider a home based childminder. There are some childminders who do take into account personal circumstances......

re : How much should I pay           reply
17/02/2014 22:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Its normally 10euro per hr in ur house, 5euro in childminder....many will be open to a daily rate. Weekends would command a premium with many. Check any future childminders references. Many say pay peanuts you get monkeys....

How much should I pay           reply
17/02/2014 22:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, I have one child he´s 4 I work 16-19 hours a week on a Saturday and Sunday in my home and have had two previous child minders one was completely unreliable and the other has college commitments that I feel the childminding is interfering with, I´ve paid both of these childminders 40 a day ad requested by them regardless of working a 6 or 10 hour day. Do you think this is right as people on this seem to be looking for more.

17/02/2014 22:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I don´t even get €10 an hour where I work. Why is there such a huge pay increase because there minded in own house? Food and electricity is provided and all that is required is to keep child entertained safe and kitchen tidy after cooking. The first girl I hired had numerous child care qualifications but was completely unreliable and was bringing people around my child that I would never allow around him the second person is brilliant just in the middle of exams and I think the childminding is interfering (second person only babysat few times before I took them on). I´m a lone parent aswell does this make a huge difference

17/02/2014 22:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
My childminders must have been so cheap because they were literally 5 mins walk from me and neither of them were interested in taking on any other kids at the weekend. Thanks for your help.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;