Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much should I charge

re... : How much should I charge           reply
28/09/2016 15:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Leza, that is a disgrace to be offered that little, you´ll be exhausted in a week or two and more than likely jack it in, I see it happening all the time. Was that including food as well?
Parents always look for a pay as you use. Majority will tell you you´ll be messed around, days cancelled at minute notice. Who had the children before this do you know?

28/09/2016 06:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Leza, unfortunately alot parents ask other parents/friends as rate could be very low. I hear rates or am asked is this OK and every time I´m shocked, I send them here and rc.ie for a good read. No childminder is a charity and low rates could actually be costing a childminder to have kids in their home.
Its approx 5e an hr one child, 8e two kids but honestly for twins you´d want 10e at least, assuming your insured etc, its free on your house insurance. Childminding Ireland also offer membership and insurance for e155. Do a first aid course immediately.

28/09/2016 06:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If you get insured, registered, Vetted and first aid, I wouldn´t take that.
I´m 45 per day for one child so get €180 for one! Not a good I would mind two for €210!
I do give a discount for siblings but s higher discount for twins

27/09/2016 07:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I´d be happy to talk you through getting insured, registers, garda Vetted and first aid. I´d never mind kids without those as a minimum.
Great that you have experience and are clearly eager xx

28/09/2016 16:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes she provides all food snacks etc, I will use my own buggy car seat etc she will provide second if I decide to go with it,

re : How much should I charge           reply
27/09/2016 19:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Leza, if you research childminding you´ll find its crazy to childmind without insurance. Plus your meant to register as self employed. Its you who are running risk of being caught by revenue and worst you run the risk of being reported.
Equally parents are taking a risk should their children have an accident. As parent asked you, have they given you a rate?

re : How much should I charge           reply
26/09/2016 21:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
The rate you can charge depends on whether you have any qualifications, experience etc, having first aid and insurance is a given and from parents point view garda vetting. Have you any of these?
Having twins for such long days will be a handful. Its totally different to having siblings even if they near in ages.

27/09/2016 06:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
No don´t have Any but plenty of experience,

28/09/2016 07:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If you have all the above you can set your own terms and conditions
My policy is when I am available they pay, if I´m off as a result of being sick or away on holiday they don´t.
As a childminder we are running our own business and I set my terms that way, you´re providing a service to them, they get paid for bank holidays etc, why shouldn´t you

27/09/2016 20:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Will look into all that am only new to this childminding no they haven´t given me a rate have no idea what to charge

28/09/2016 06:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks so much will look into house insurance that´s great. The lady has offered me 210 for the two of them for 4 days then no hoilday or bank hoildays

How much should I charge           reply
26/09/2016 19:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Have been asked to mind twins they are nearly 2 years a boy and girl long days would be a definite 4 days and possibly 5 some weeks hours 8 to 6 .45 they would be dropped to my house and collected, how much should I charge?? Really need help on this one

28/09/2016 07:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes will definitely look into all of that, should she pay me when the kids are not here days they have off work bank hoildays anything extra for hoildays??

discussion forum terms & conditions

;