Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much should I charge?

re... : How much should I charge?           reply
14/07/2015 19:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
we are looking for a childminder in our home or registered childminder in their home in Ballinteer and would be happy to give up to ten euro an hour and we wish we could pay more as it is a very important job! we also pay prsi which is so important to do it right as the reason we are looking for a childminder is that ours is pregnant so she gets the state maternity benefit. If prsi is not paid then the employee does not receive this entitlement.

re : How much should I charge?           reply
14/07/2015 14:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Have your family registered as your employer?

14/07/2015 21:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi Isabella, I am 20 with 1 years work experience in a preschool setting and 9 months private childminding experience also. I am with the new people two weeks now and only now saying to myself that for the amount of work I am doing I am not getting paid enough! Dawn

18/07/2015 23:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
6 or 8 euro per hour is not a fair rate at all.15 euro per hour is a fair rate for what you are doing.the people you are minding for want their cake and eat to it.they want a childminder cook and personal cleaner.they want a meal ready for them when they get home.bang that on the head for a start you should only prepare the kids meals.drop the cleaning and only clean up after the kids.as for laundry well that is their problem not yours.let us know how it goes

14/07/2015 22:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you, I need it! :)

14/07/2015 21:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am working in their home , minding their two children and doing all house chores!!

14/07/2015 20:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Dcampbell, that´s too low..
Read posts here n on rollercoaster.ie and educate yourself before you make any decisions ..unfortunately working in black economy m accepting cash leaves you open to this abuse...
Could you ask for payrise n meanwhile look for other employment if parents not moving.... Youv experience so that will stand to you now..best of luck

How much should I charge?           reply
14/07/2015 10:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, I am minding 2 children ages 3 and 1& a half in their own home. I do cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing the clothes also, just wondering as to what is sufficient to charge? I work 3 days a week, 9/10 hours a day. I also have a FETAC level 5 in Childcare with Special Needs. Thanks in advance for replies.

14/07/2015 22:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Dawn, you are worth more than 6 euro. You have to know worth your looking after children, certain people will take mick. I was the exact same as you when I started looking after children. You don´t have to be rude just firm with them and let them know that with the amount of work you are doing you are entitled to more than €6.00. They are taking advantage of a hard worker if you ask me. Good luck missus

14/07/2015 22:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
You have to do what´s right for you but as you questioning situation you obviously unhappy...as I said read everything here re being a nanny...you could use the excuse of saying housework getting in way of spending quality time with kids which you like to as youv qualifications n experience n love of kids..or another one is your finding your bills hard to manage on 6 euro an hr and wish to review your wages..did parents give u that rate as if they did they are no fools and hopefully will make an effort to keep you...equally you can just be honest and your finding work load too much for your rate of pay and would like to review n perhaps hand in your notice...is it case parents can´t pay anymore, trickier then...

14/07/2015 22:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Just decide what you want to say n say it...the ball is in their court then..they know something up if uv meeting arranged anyway..do update as all great for others..im a cmer

14/07/2015 21:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have a meeting with them on Thursday when I´m finished that day but I don´t know what to say to them? any advice, please!

14/07/2015 18:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
they´re giving me €6 an hour!! I´m not happy with that at all but don´t know what to say?!

14/07/2015 21:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hey. Isabelle here. Can i ask your age, also how long are working there. You are worth more than 6 euro per hour with all you are doing. I worked in childcare a long time. I not claiming to know everything but i do know that people expect far to much from childminders.

14/07/2015 21:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Age is irrelevant... As I´m assuming over 18....your actually a nanny and this is the most expensive form of childcare in Ireland..it´s experience and qualifications that command a higher rate per hr....a childminder works in her own home n average €5 an hr for one child...

14/07/2015 17:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Izzy, it´s illegal, anything under minimum wage is not allowed by revenue..the family if caught will be in trouble as they abusing the opening person not allowing her workers rights..
Do you want say how much you get paid but I hope better than €10...if not cut out cleaning etc but douth they be happy then...

14/07/2015 14:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
No they haven´t, it´s off the books.

01/08/2015 19:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its actually 4 jobs really childminding cleaning cooking and doing there washing and ironing.all that for 6 euro per hour they are taking pure advantage.plus i would say they are bragging to friends about it.i dont mind loading the dishwasher after the kids have eaten or cleaning up after them but thats were it ends.

14/07/2015 16:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would charge 8 per hour, you are looking after two children but also doing house work, I think that´s more then fair if I honest.

14/07/2015 22:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
well I´m assuming they can afford more based on circumstances but I don´t know. I don´t know what way to handle the situation or how to not sound rude / money grabbing but I don´t want to be taken for a fool by them either!

14/07/2015 21:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Dcampbell, advertise, you´ll be snapped up. Put this down as a steep learning curve but you could do a two week or month review n ask family are they happy with everything n put it to them then..

discussion forum terms & conditions

;