Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much should I be paying, am i being fair?

re : How much should I be paying, am i being fair?           reply
08/07/2013 20:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
hi I mind pre-schoolers but my friend minds after school and she charges 5 euro per hour with a max of 20 euro per day. that works out at a max of 400 per month so yes I think you are over paying. it sounds like your childminder has it pretty handy and I wouldn´t pay her more than that for those hours. however I wouldn´t quibble over the Tuesday, its your choice to send him elsewhere that day. as for the home work, I believe that most childminders would supervise homework, but would expect the parents to check it. it is the schools link with home and the parents responsibility imo.

How much should I be paying, am i being fair?           reply
03/07/2013 11:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi,
Looking for some opinions on this from Childminders or other people using Childminders.
My childminder currently minds my son in her own home, she lives beside the school gates. I drop him off at 8:30 and school starts at 9am, he runs in on his own. School finishes at 2:45 and he runs home to her house. I collect him at 5:10pm. So in total she minds him 3 hours a day. She is supposed to do his homework with him but she doesn´t check it and its the only thing he got a bad report on this year. She gives him dinner but its usually Hotdog, Pizza or whatever she has in her freezer. She is a lovely woman but I feel like I´m being taken advantage of. The last year one of his friends mothers takes him from school on a Tuesday. So she only has him for a Half and Hour on Tuesdays. On mid terms and summer holidays he tends to go to his Grandparents, I put him in Camps, His friends mother minds him or my relatives do. Only if I´m really stuck does she mind him. I have been paying her 500e per month, I have never cut this despite him not being there on Tuesdays any longer etc. Money is tight and I feel the need to reduce what I pay her but I want to be fair. Can anyone give me any advice on if I´m overpaying, underpaying or being unfair? Thanks

discussion forum terms & conditions

;