Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much for 4 kids

How much for 4 kids           reply
05/07/2018 22:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Galway)
-----------------------------------
hi there,
How much would I charge to mind 4kids, 4.5hrs X5 days. Would include collection from school, help with homework, provide dinners, and drop off and collection to after school activities??

re : How much for 4 kids           reply
06/07/2018 11:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi are you insured to mind, especially your car? Are they four aftershool children or are any preschoolers after ecce?

re : How much for 4 kids           reply
06/07/2018 11:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Is there an option mind them in the kids home as four minded kids from one family is alot, siblings are always more excitable.

re... : How much for 4 kids           reply
06/07/2018 11:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi I have insurance, vetted, first aid and registered. I´d like to mind in my home as iv two kids myself (10&5) the 4 siblings are all school age 5+

06/07/2018 12:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I charge 10e an hr per afterschooler. Four siblings honestly the parents be cheaper hire a nanny in their home, 10-15e an hr. Its a tough one re pricing unfortunately. Add in schoolcollections/activities drops, food if you offer it will all be extra. Wear and tear on your house etc.
Have you any preschoolers all day? Youll be exhausted very quickly! Plus my children older too and I cant forget its their home too and need time for homework/chill etc..

06/07/2018 12:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
No I´v no other kids to mind, just starting out. Not interested in doing mornings to be honest as that would mean minding age 3 and under. Babies take up too much space, cots buggies etc. I don´t know how people pay a childcare bill for 4 children. Even if they used the schools after school they´d be out a fortune.

06/07/2018 13:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Re younger kids, I use all foldable stuff, petite travel cot with purchased made to fit quality mattress. Parents bring sheet so no washing etc. My umbrella folding buggy is tiny and only piece equipment I keep beside travel cots and I use donedeal for everything so minute I no longer need its gone, high chair, buggy take my carseat etc. You can get away with very little actually. My last baby carseat I needed the mam wanted to leave hers and actually I found this fantastic and will follow this if its a good quality one.
What youv to understand is parents only need childcare for a few years and once youv got kids to school level the parents more than likely have pensionable professional careers as with all the government schemes parents on low incomes are creche based. Once they dont need you youv to start all over again and babies are tough going often. Parents who can afford pay are often shocked at my rates and pay more or bring toys etc. People who have tried childminding are very bitter because they didn´t price correctly. Plus its impossible increase your price after starting as this will immediately annoy any parent.
I prefer my working day to start early and finish early but this isnt always possible.

06/07/2018 13:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Well with my pricing I was Goin to say 90 a day. But that´s 450 a week. I think I´d rather take kids from different families as I´d feel awful taking 450 from one family but Iv bills to cover too.

06/07/2018 23:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
You see parents value an insured and reliable service. Again the parents using a registered childminder they are paying private have professional careers and need to get to work 100% of the time. Parents paying under a good going rate face terrible last minute changes to their childcare facing untold problems at work. I had a mum price me early last yr during her maternity leave, unfortunately I was too expensive as she would have three different minders which in itself is crazy, she was slightly delighted to inform me of a local unregistered minder who was half what I was for the baby she´d priced me for. When I saw the name I knew she was in for a mini nightmare, few weeks later she back saying the minder changing days she available as she had a free bus pass and like to travel on fine days. Unfortunately I had no space left and I know she´d has a hard yr. The way I explain it to mums if needed is they´ve to look at it that the fee is only half from their wage and half from the dads, as the childcare fee allows two wages earned in the kids household.

07/07/2018 08:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
ya I was thinking that, when we had childminders ourselves we just split the bill in our own heads, it´s not that much that way. Thanks for the info tho. Your great for getting back to people.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;