Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How do I go about registering with Revenue?

re... : How do I go about registering with Revenue?           reply
17/08/2016 16:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
A childminder on the 15k excemption has absolutely no need to employ an accountant..it´s a simple matter of ticking a box on the standard selfemployed form and revenue are always there to help first year or whenever needed.
In fact a childminder on the 15k excemption doesn´t even need to lodge earnings but years ago I pointed out to my ccc surely its good practice and a way of protecting oneself. Some do but some don´t.

re : How do I go about registering with Revenue?           reply
11/08/2016 07:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
id be happy to call you and talk you through it x

12/08/2016 05:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ring revenue, they are very helpful but more than likely be very confused when you say your a childminder..they´re only 1200 childminders in the country declaring. You´ll get a form in post and passwords by post and email to set up an online account. Youv to pay 500 prsi every year using the tax excemption.

14/08/2016 14:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
You don´t have to register once your voluntary notified or statutory notified. The tax year after you´ve worked so your starting today as an example it´s October 12 months I think is the end of tax year you fill out a tax form if you ring tax office they tell you what form to fill out. Keep note of your expenditure and income throughout the year. Once your notified your entitled to the cap of €15,000 a year tax free.

17/08/2016 10:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Shouldn´t your accountant be able to tell you that?

How do I go about registering with Revenue?           reply
10/08/2016 22:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I can´t seem to find definitive information anywhere. Do I need to register as self employed? Will I get a VAT number? Is there a specific form to fill out? I´m already notified with local ccc and am only minding 2 and am earning less than 15k p/a so should qualify for the tax relief etc. The lack of information out there is confusing!

re... : How do I go about registering with Revenue?           reply
15/08/2016 16:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
No matter what status a childminder is (voluntary notified, registered with Tusla or the totally unregistered) they need to register with revenue as selfemployed. However as figures show majority as happy work for cash which is unbelievable as rates lower, over ratio taking huge chances, uninsured, burnt out and quality childcare is often poor as a result not to mention no entitlements to maternity benefit etc.
Ring tax office immediately as it´s often been the case if a childminder is notified someone can ring/email revenue and report you.
Unfortunately under the 15K no expenditure is allowable so it´s very limiting as majority would spend more on their services if expenses could be used (resources, equipment, offer food etc). I appreciate voluntary notified pay no tax outside the 500prsi but it´s unfair system.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;