Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Getting started as a childminder in a new area.

Getting started as a childminder in a new area.           reply
11/10/2014 10:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Limerick)
-----------------------------------
Hi all, a few years ago I moved from Kildare to Limerick (Askeaton area), I had been minding a little girl in Kildare and loving it, when I married I moved and the girls grandparents took turns to childmind but when the mother returned to work after having a second child I was asked if there was anyway I could return to my previous position but for a reduced number of days (3 per week), I agreed to this and would to get the train to Kildare on a Monday evening and return on a Thursday evening, I have a house in Kildare so I´d stay there, this suited me as it meant I could also help my mother who was unwell at the time. The little girl has now started school and the grandparents are minding her younger sibling so I´m now hoping to start childminding in my own home in Limerick and this is where I´m running into problems. No one knows me here!! I´ve put up adverts in local shops etc and I´ve advertised here on schooldays but not one response. I do not have any official qualifications but absolutely love children and I am Garda vetted, I spent the majority of my working life working in admin for a charity but am willing to do evening classes relevant to childminding if this is what´s required. I am a mother of an adult son. Sorry for the length of the post but I´m hoping that by giving the full back story someone may be able to advise me.

re : Getting started as a childminder in a new area.           reply
11/10/2014 13:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi contact your local childcare committee n gets your foot on a professional level...they great, read any county childcare committee, its all there...they also do free training sessions...youll build your business as word spreads about you...good luck with it...

discussion forum terms & conditions

;