Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Gaeltaught summer school

re : Gaeltaught summer school           reply
21/04/2010 08:26 - Teenage Issues
-----------------------------------
Hi Lin

I sent my daughter to an Irish college organised by Colaiste na bhFiann last year. She loved it so much (after the first few days of homesickness) that she is going again this year. They are very well run & organised. Quite strict on speaking Irish. Quite a few are residential in the grounds of a college so the kids are all together rather than separated out in different houses.

If you are thinking of sending him this year though you would want to put your arrangements in place now as many are booked out. The website link for Colaiste na bhFiann is http://www.colaistenabhfiann.ie/index.php?page=courses&lang=en . Note you can view their website in english or in Irish.

Another popular one with the kids are the Uisce water courses run through Irish. Not as strict I hear about speaking Irish but still good.

Hope this helps

Gaeltaught summer school           reply
20/04/2010 21:50 - Teenage Issues (Locality: Dublin North)
Hi Im thinking for sending my 14 yr old son to a gaeltacht summer school this summer. Any ideas or recommendations?I really dont know where to start, I asked his school but they had no info for me

re... : Gaeltaught summer school           reply
21/04/2010 14:51 - Teenage Issues
Hi

Thanks for the reply! I had a look at the link and I really dont think my son would last there. The main reason Im sending him is because he hates Irish but needs to improve for the junior cert next year.
I think he´ll love Uisce, he is a real water baby. Thanks again you´ve been a great help!!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;