Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Gaelscoils lucan /application procedures - early application??

Gaelscoils lucan /application procedures - early application??           reply
18/08/2016 08:00 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi folks,

My little guy is just gone ten month old but my other half is getting paranoid about putting his name down for primary school already.

We would prefer to send him to a gaelscoil if possible but I´m a bit confused as to whether there is an early application list for the 2 gaelscoils in lucan. Both application guidelines say apply the November before but a lot of friends and family are saying to put his name down now. Is that possible, has anyone done this with the gaelscoils?

Also should I be putting his name down now for other schools just in case.

Thanks a mill for any advice

re... : Gaelscoils lucan /application procedures - early application??           reply
24/08/2016 07:49 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Ah no probs! I think they´re great schools - well for me anyway
If you´ve any other questions anytime just ask x

re... : Gaelscoils lucan /application procedures - early application??           reply
31/08/2016 06:42 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Any of the ones I phoned, had a similar thing! Some were the Jan before starting and others were the Sept before starting

24/08/2016 07:29 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Oh thanks for that fun stuff!
I would hate him not to go there as he is going to a Naoinra and he is already bilingual (Spanish and English) I would love him to have Irish too

re : Gaelscoils lucan /application procedures - early application??           reply
18/08/2016 11:07 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Following for my 2 year old
He´s going to Naoinra and ideally a Garlscoil

23/08/2016 09:13 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hey,
Whoever told you that is either going by an old policy or just guessing!
I finally got website to load and got a link (posted below) they take applications in the November before your child is to start xx
gser.ie/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Iontráil-Rannphairtíocht-2015.pdf

re : Gaelscoils lucan /application procedures - early application??           reply
31/08/2016 06:37 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi thanks for this, just saw the reply. The plan is to put him in a Naoinra for the two years prior to applying so hopefully it helps. My brother has his kids in the one in Leixlip so we could apply there but lucan is where we´re living do obviously would be better. I´ll get the ball going so on applying for other primary schools then in the area.

20/08/2016 08:33 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
No one see to be replying so I posted on boards and was told that Apparently I could be too late for the lucan gaelscoils even we ith him only being 10 months. Leixlip gaelscoil would be the same. Apparently kilcock and maynooth take applications the year before.

24/08/2016 07:18 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi
My two are in a gaelscoil in Lucan and you´re right in that they won´t take any applications until the November before they are due to start.
They are hard to get into as they only take 60 children and siblings will usually have first option. Because of this I would also consider other schools just incase. The fact that they will be going to a Naionra will help but it´s not a guarantee
Hope this helps x!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;