Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Fundraising and lack of support from rest of School.

re : Fundraising and lack of support from rest of School.           reply
11/03/2007 23:02 - Parents Associations
-----------------------------------
Hi Joanne

I can understand your disappointment on the Fundraiser Quiz. As a little Fundraiser because
your number´s are small we do Iron on Labels. We are advertised on this site under Permanent Brand Iron or Sew on Label Company. It´s very easy we supply your school with the Order
Forms /the admin would be done by yourselves with the help of the School Secretary
most parents welcome this Service offered by the Parents Ass they need the labels as
most schools ask for ID on all Clothing, we do a Soft White 100% Cotton label and print
in Black.( we can only do Black) let me know if you are interested.
Ginny a

19/03/2007 12:11 - Parents Associations
Hi Joanne,

Just read your posting - I am a director of Pallas Marketing who run Thousandaire. We work with a school for 2 months and you will not have an attendance problem at a show once preparation is done correctly. Size of your school is not a big issue, a school with 19 pupils recently raised €38,000 and a school with 28 pupils raised over €70,000. Have a look at our website (www.thousandaire.ie). If you would like a brochure, fill in the "contact us" section. Best wishes, George McGrath.

11/03/2007 17:47 - Parents Associations
Thats disappointing after all your hard work. Not sure of the size of your school or whether you are primary or secondary? Thousandaire can raise a lot but needs quite a good audience which might be difficult if it is a small school. A simple sponsored event, e.g. sponsored silence, sponsored reading/book blitz can be good in that it does not require too much effort on part of parents committee and also involves the kids going home and ´pestering´ their parents/friends to sponsor them making it hard for parents to avoid making a contribution. Another idea our school is looking at this year is a sponsored sports day where the kids seek sponsoship for participating in a number of fun sporting events. Hope this helps.

04/04/2007 16:01 - Parents Associations
Hi,
I know how disheartening that can be, a fashion show is a good idea as you can include plenty of children and encourage them to invite all their relations, have a simple programme with advertisements and run a raffle, you´d be surprised how much you could make on that. Make up a dummy brochure to show how advertising will be done, it can all be photocopied in the school, ask sponsors for prizes for the raffle and so your costs should be kept low.

A concert is also a good idea, get each class to put on a couple of acts, you can still use the programme and raffle, teachers will probably be delighted to show-case what the children have been learning and again all the children can be included. Good luck!

re... : Fundraising and lack of support from rest of School.           reply
11/03/2007 17:53 - Parents Associations
Thanks for your suggestions. We are a Primary School. We just opened in Sept 2005. We have 46 pupils.We really did put a lot of effort into it this year. I have looked into the Thousandaire, and it will be done further down the line (when we have more classes). Thanks again for your suggestions. Will definately try some if not all.

Fundraising and lack of support from rest of School.           reply
11/03/2007 16:25 - Parents Associations
Hello there,
Just had a Table Quiz on Friday night. It was a great night, however apart from The Parents Assoc, there were only 3 other parents from School. I can understand that not everyone can attend. We are a new School and would have expected full support. Can anyone suggest a really good fundraing event, that everyone will be interested in?

18/08/2009 12:31 - Parents Associations
Hi Joanne,

Promethean have a partnership with the Jack and Jill Fund. If your school can collect 300 old mobile phones they can get a free 78" whiteboard and if they can collect 500 phones they will get a whole system. there are different resellers around the country for Promethean, you can find them on the promethean website. I work for the munster reseller AVEC.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;