Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Drogheda area daily rate query

Drogheda area daily rate query           reply
15/05/2018 16:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Louth)
-----------------------------------
Hi all - exploring childcare options at the mo (for what will be a 1 yr old). Given that we commute, the hours we would need would be 7am - 6.15ish Monday to Friday, either in our home or the child minders home. Would a daily rate of €40 be acceptable in this instance? I´m so green, any advice would be much appreciated.

Based near the train station in Drogheda.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

re : Drogheda area daily rate query           reply
15/05/2018 17:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
In your home, your employing an nanny so minimum wage at least, holiday pay, contract etc.
Childminder, insured etc is average 5e an hour so 40 would be too low in your area I´m sure of. See who has availability by looking on Childminding Ireland/your CCC and price them.
Unfortunately its a very long day with the commute, meaning an early start, late finish. Have you considered getting childcare nearer to your place of work, bringing the baby in your car. Especially handy if your called to collect if sick etc as your near. Drawback is if youv day off its too far utilise the paid childcare. Five days a week childcare at those hours is tough on a one yr old (and yourself) not being mean etc just perhaps its something you need to look at, have you any family to help, parental leave etc.

re... : Drogheda area daily rate query           reply
15/05/2018 18:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Unfortunately no family in the area and we use public transport to get into Dublin city center. Given the hours and feedback through PM’s, I think a crèche would work out at the same price per month so that’s our best option.
Appreciate all the feedback!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;