Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Daily Rate When Child Starts Preschool

re... : Daily Rate When Child Starts Preschool           reply
29/10/2013 17:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I think €25 is just about right or you may get €30 for hours you do, really it depends on your area. I wouldnt reduce the money as you are indeed on call if the child needs collecting early etc as you must stay local/at home. You´d be surprised the number of times playschool has rang me: child sore ear, fell etc.

Daily Rate When Child Starts Preschool           reply
28/10/2013 23:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Looking for advice here. I mind a child 5 days per week, school hours. I charge €25 per day for childcare. I have been minding this child since mum went back to work 3 years ago and have kept the rate the same. My question is when the child starts preschool mum wants me to collect child from preschool as well as being on call to collect child during preschool hours. Do other minders adjust rates, give a reduction, when child goes to preschool?

29/10/2013 12:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi and thanks for reply. He has been with me school hours since he was very small. I don´t plan to give a discount when he goes to preschool as I feel if I am expected to be on call then I should get paid. I do realise I probably have been undercharging to date. Out of interest what would you charge for 5 days, 9am-3pm (I don´t supply food, nappies etc.)

29/10/2013 22:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
25/30 is right.also include petrol.if your driving.

re : Daily Rate When Child Starts Preschool           reply
29/10/2013 12:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
keep the rate the same.25 euro is ok.but you may have been undercharging yourself.did you have him from early morning.when he was smaller.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;