Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Cost of childcare - castledermot area

re... : Cost of childcare - castledermot area           reply
06/01/2017 23:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I was in the same boat and I have 2 kids. Would they let u do one day parental leave and is there a crèche near work. I know it´s not ideal. If u like your job don´t give up yet as u will regret it....It´s a tough station...It´s only for a few years and once they reach near 3 yrs of age u have free Montessori classes. Hang in there...It will work out

Cost of childcare - castledermot area           reply
04/01/2017 22:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
Hi, just wondering how much a childminder would cost in Castledermot area from 6.45/7am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday for a 9 month old in minders own home?
I´m really lost on this one.

29/01/2017 23:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks ladies for your responses. I fully understand the expenses of a childminder, I was one myself so please please don´t feel like I was under appreciating everything a childminder does in any way.
My main concern is my child and if I had the money i would spend every cent on a childminder but unfortunately I´m struggling as is and cost has to come into it.
No option to move closer to work and no family close by unfortunately.
Thanks again everyone for your advise, I just wanted to get an idea x

29/01/2017 23:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks Caz11.

07/01/2017 11:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€5 is standard . . . Some will do a day rate of around €40-50 per day depending where you´re living . . . That´s really not a lot!!
You say high prices of childcare may drive you out of work.....But I´ll fill you in a bit on my personal experience
While it is usually €5 per hour! (I´m about €4.40 per hour for full time)
Out of that I have to take
food,
car insurance (specific for childminder)
childminding insurance,
extra bills,
bins,
tax,
Various courses (first aid)
First aid kits X 2
Things to freshen the house
Books
PRSI,
Tax
Day log books -tracking the childs day
Toys
More toy storage (for instance just this week, I spent 300 on toy storage is the old one needed replacing due to wear and tear)
Then of course there´s car safety - car seats x 4 at €200 each as I won´t take a child forward facing I´m my car
I understand it can be seen as expensive but find any other worker who works for €4.40 per hour (BEFORE any above deductions)......we still have to earn a living. We work hard for the valuable service we provide!
If I was you, I´d jump at €170 per week . . . Though for that I doubt she´s insured, notified / registered, vetted etc . . . That only works out at €3 per hour!
Is it an option to move close to work to maybe cut or reduce the price you´re paying in travel expenses!?
Could a family member help you maybe 1-2 days a week and look after baba!?

05/01/2017 16:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for your reply. I´m so confused. I´m not a high earner just have a 3 hour commute to my job 😣 I think it´s so unfair I might have to give up my job because I can´t afford childcare and my job won´t allow me to come back 3 days, I got a price today of 170 which is the same as the creche in my area. I thought 130 a week would be fair for 1 baby and all food provided. When I was minding children a few years ago I was getting a 100 a week. It´s so hard.

07/01/2017 18:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
From the 170 childminder ask what is her policy re holidays, bank hols etc. I don´t charge for bank hols, no holiday pay or indeed any days of national school holidays if families can manage themselves. There could be considerable savings over the creche fee which is 52 weeks of the year generally. Some childminders offer pay as you use so no harming asking. Or perhaps look for cmer near your workplace but could be very hard on your little one.
Childminding has changed in recent years and for a 100euro you were uninsured im assuming etc due to overheads involved. Is the 170 childminder insured?. Have you looked into the new childcare scheme starting in September 2017, a universal payment is available if provider tusla registered.

06/01/2017 14:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi €170 is a good price for your area . You won´t get any cheaper than that it´s usually €35 to €40 per day nobody is going to do a long day like that for €26 .

re : Cost of childcare - castledermot area           reply
04/01/2017 23:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
No idea of your area but its generally 5euro an hr for a registered and insured childminder, ask for a day rate/weekly rate as your full-time. However its a long day so best price whos available in your area. Ensure a contract to avoid misunderstandings and especially first aid etc.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;