Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Contract for Childminding - what to do re holidays/sickness etc

re : Contract for Childminding - what to do re holidays/sickness etc           reply
01/01/2013 14:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi Emma,
I would recommend chatting with her when the contract is complete so there are no confusions.
Very good that your minder has areed to take holidays the same time as you , in general as an employee she would be entitled to some paid leave anyway but that all depends on your own arrangement between you both.
Assume we should pay for bank holidays - Yes, usually.
And if baby is sick, we should pay her. -Yes, usually.
What about if she is sick? How do we handle this - Do you have any plans to pay her for a number of sick days, maybe allow her 3 sick days a year for example paid? Most minders do not get paid sick leave however again if she is working in your own home as your employee this may be different.
what about Christmas holidays? Most minders do not charge for this if they are off, but this again can depend on your working hours and how available you need her to be over the holidays.
How much time should she take for lunch etc - Most minders do not take a lunch break as its not always possible. If for example they are the carer and alone with the child they can not take a desinated break so therefore eat with the child at snack time OR they may take a break while the child naps or is at school etc.

Contract for Childminding - what to do re holidays/sickness etc           reply
01/01/2013 13:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi

I am looking for a sample contract for childminding in our home. I am going back to work next week and want to put the contract in place. Childminder has been doing part time for the month of December.

Childminder has said she will take her holidays the same time as us so once we give notice we dont need to pay her.
Assume we should pay for bank holidays
And if baby is sick, we should pay her.
What about if she is sick? How do we handle this
what about Christmas holidays?
How much time should she take for lunch etc
A sample template would be so helpful!

Thanks,
emma

discussion forum terms & conditions

;