Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Confirmation Outfit

re... : Confirmation Outfit           reply
01/02/2011 11:28 - Confirmation
-----------------------------------
Try buying [url=http://www.zalando.co.uk/]fashion[/url] online, it can work out cheaper than in the shops.

I remember my own confirmation, my mother freaking out at the expense of the clothes. Personally, I think robes are a good idea, likewise with communion, just a white, plain robe for the girls would save people a lot of expense.

18/05/2010 09:14 - Confirmation
Just a note to say I managed to get a very pretty strappy dress and a little shrug to match which are very flattering and didn´t cost the earth. Thanks for the comments.

07/05/2010 13:59 - Confirmation
Did you get sorted? What were the other kids wearing? Girls in our area wear robes but that doesn´t solve the problem as you still have to buy an outfit.

Confirmation Outfit           reply
22/02/2010 15:03 - Confirmation (Locality: Limerick)
My daughter is receiving Confirmation this year and I am looking for advice on where to buy her an outfit - a dress (what she wants). The problem is that she is a very big girl for her age and even teenage clothes for 14-16 y.o. are too small. I will be in London shortly for a weekend and am wondering if anyone has any tips on where I might find an age-appropriate dress.

21/10/2010 19:34 - Confirmation
This is always going to be a difficult one. Something respectable yet t5rendy (that they´ll wear again). Not too many people can afford to be throwing money away now. Glad things worked out for your dd.

25/10/2010 12:10 - Confirmation
Wearing of robes for confirmation has become quite popular but at this point, I wonder if it´s only adding extra expense as the children will expect to buy a new outfit as well. In that sense, you have the cost of new clothes as well as the cost of hiring the robe.

05/02/2011 00:07 - Confirmation
Our school bought gowns for confirmation last year & rented them to parents.It was a great idea. It cut Costs to a minimum & cut out dress competition.The school photo looked really well with all children dressed the same .great idea

discussion forum terms & conditions

;