Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Choosing School - Firhouse Knocklyon Area

re : Choosing School - Firhouse Knocklyon Area           reply
04/04/2008 20:23 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
St Colmcilles Knocklyon is excellent. Both the junior and senior schools are well run with a very good teching staff (generally - always the exception) and good at sports too - regularly in finals in Croke park. On the negative side over the next year (maybe longer) the two schools will be merged into one school building so there is going to be alot of disturbance and mad builder traffic to add to the already congested road layout. As I understand it the juniors will be in prefabs in anothr part of the parish for a full year - I can´t imagine the facilities will be great for that period but the pain will be worth it I´m sure. Hope this helps.

Choosing School - Firhouse Knocklyon Area           reply
11/03/2008 10:28 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Can anyone please advise of the schools in these area´s I have my daughters name down for Holy Rosary, Ballycragh, Scoil Carmel, Firhouse & St. Colmcilles, Knocklyon (on a waiting list don´t know whether she´ll get in). You experiences on these schools would be great. I can also put her down for St. Attractas in Ballinteer or Oakhill Private School in Stillorgan?? Any idea which is the best school?

TIA

26/02/2012 08:59 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Can you help please! We´re moving into Carriglea within the next 2 months and our son is due to start school in Sept. ´12, there are no places in Scoil Carmel! We have him on a waiting list and there are 19 on the waiting list. They told us that siblings and people from the area with get priority, however to be honest we´re now panicking a little because Sept. is so close.
Are there other options in the area?

02/04/2008 20:53 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi,
I would be interested to know this also. I due to start my son in school in September and am not sure anything about these schools.

23/06/2008 16:32 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi
Hope you don´t mind my posting here.
Am a local that started up a Fruit & Vegetable delivery service in the area.
Orders taken up to a Wednesday,
bought fresh in the Market Thursday morning
and delivered Thursday Afternoon/Evening.

As we only buy to order you know what you are getting is the freshest possible. Most of our new clients are referrals from happy current clients so I think that speaks for itself.

Please check us out www.Fiveaday5.com
Text an order 087 778 3924
Email Fiveaday5@Gmail.Com

Some quotes from other residents in Beechfield in post at
"Recommend a Tradeperson"

Ballycullen Said:
Just a quick mention that Liz´s fruit and veg are the nicest around..not coming from a supermarket warehouse makes a HUGE difference to the quality. She also supports local traders and has begun selling eggs from Tim´s farm on the Oldcourt Rd. Her meat is pretty fab too! Give her a try you wont be disappointed!

Truthseeker Said:
Just want to add my support here, decided to try Liz´s stuff out, was very impressed, super quality stuff, compared to the tired faintly smelly broccoli that seems to be the norm in the local supermarket the stuff Liz delivered to me was bursting with freshness!!

You should give us a try out,
Don´t forget Love yourself & Stay healthy.
www.fiveaday5.com

discussion forum terms & conditions

;