Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminding fees

re... : Childminding fees           reply
08/09/2014 09:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi I would charge 70 per day, or 320 for week for two for full time 5 day week. I would ask for half rate if mum decides to keep baby at home for a few days each week to hold a space for you. It will be hard on you because you will be down wages and if you took on take another baby or you would end up with 3 babies in a few months. This may not suit you. If you get on well with the family and are happy with everything else do try to come to a mutual agreement going forward. It wouldn´t be fair if you were totally out of pocket. Best of luck

11/09/2014 18:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Should have wrote to and from school, 5euro a day, 2 kids,

18/09/2014 09:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hello.
Need some advice. Currently minding two great kids but hours being reduced so will have to look elsewhere. Meeting a lady on monday about minding her 18 month old 5 and 8 year old. Tues wed thurs 8-6. school drop off 8.30 school pick up 1.10 and 2.10. Must make dinner do homework and one afternoon bring 8 year old to gymnastics. I was going to charge 10 euro an hour but think it might be too much? Any suggestions? Please.

re : Childminding fees           reply
16/09/2014 12:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi.
I need a bit of advice. My son has been going to the same childminder for the past 3 years. We had agreed to a €40/day rate when he was 9 months old. He started preschool this year.
I work in retail so my hours change every week but roughly I finish at 4-5 pm twice a week and 7 pm 2-3 times a week which I know is late for a minder.
So, do you think I could ask her to reduce her daily rate on the base that she works less hours than before (about 10 hours less weekly) or would it be pushing it since she works until 7pm up to 3 times a week. I also feel that we are currently on the higher end of the scale at €40/day or am I delusional?
I am very happy with my childminder and completely value her work that´s why I am looking for advice.
Thank you in advance.

17/09/2014 23:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank Minderofchild and L.I.S for your responses. I am very happy with the care she provides for my son, so I will leave it at that. Thanks!

17/09/2014 08:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
So a typical week would look like this:
Mon and Tue I drop to school and the childminder picks him up at 12 until 7pm
Thu, 8-4pm, with school from 9 to 12 so drop off and collect ( 2min walking distance)
Fri, 1 to 7pm or 6pm.
So if we only count the hours without school, it´s 26hrs a week over 4 days.

11/09/2014 17:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€7 an hr, so for eg 4 hrs rounded down to even 25...i do look at fuel but have never charged it as a separate...just feel if u refuse to collect, you wont get the job...its a fine line between what you can charge n parents can afford or want to pay....
my own kids get a lift to school, lady passing with her own kids n I give 5euro a day, im about 4 mins drive from schol..its tough going doing school runs what with poor weather etc..

11/09/2014 10:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi,
Can you advise how much to charge for two boys 7 and 10 with two school collections .
Three afternoons a week.Is €10 per hour too little?School is 10 mins away in the car.
Works out at €80 but I find they eat a lot so have been buying extra food.
Thanks

09/09/2014 11:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi again thanks for your price list meant to ask do you charge when you take summer hol and xmas hol also b/hol i charge one week for each also b/hol

11/09/2014 18:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ok thanks so you mean €25 for both kids for the afternoon?
€7 per hour for two kids?
Ok thanks for the advise vas also on pick ups.
Picks not far but in winter can be more difficult..€5 sounds fair for school run.
Thanks

07/09/2014 21:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hs I need advice currently minding a 15 mth old mom due second in dec she said she hopes to keep 15mth old home a few days in march has asked a price to mind both 9 hrs a day 5 days would appreciate your advice t also would i charge for days she keeps him at home thanks

17/09/2014 11:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi I have childminder for over 20 years, but recently had to look again, I can´t believe some people want to pay you same money to go to their house for same money they pay creche, ( like 45 hours for €250.) 2 children, 2 year old and 4?

18/09/2014 10:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Diane, its sounds like you in kids home where minimum wage must apply and your parent register as an employer, its a 10hr day, only three days a week, three kids n cooking...I see other at 12euro an hr...

16/09/2014 15:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
What time do you start at or in other words how many hours a day for 40euro....I dont reduce for playschool...I charge siblings 3n2yr old 8.30am to 4pm 50euro.....I work till 7pm one evening a week n yes tiring on everyone...

re... : Childminding           reply
08/09/2014 10:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
HI thank you very much for your quick reply was going to ask for 300 euro a week for two alot of work as you know in babies also dinner for both at the start i was asking for 35 euro mom asked to drop to 30 euro will be speaking with her to day will let you know how we get on i also charge for b/hol but never asked to work as parents are off if she askes me to do a day that she wants to keep current fella at homeany advice thanks

17/09/2014 09:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi chirpycaro 40 euro is the norm plus she is doing some extra hours.childminders charge while the child is in school.if you are happy with the quality of care she is providing and the baby is happy then i would leave things as they are.childminders are 10 a penny.you could find a cheaper minder but the level of care might not be the same.

11/09/2014 16:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there
Thanks so does that mean you would charge just €25 for the two children per afternoon or an extra €7 on top of that?
Should I charge for collections.
Thanks for the advise re food and snacks.

09/09/2014 21:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, I don´t charge for 4 weeks per year or bank hols

18/09/2014 20:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I work from home so not the best to advise here....has the parent mentioned reg as your employer, then mimimum wage applies at least per hr...
You could see what parent offering n have a least amount you feel job worth n work from there.
I know I turn down work due to low rates....but this more principle as I wont work for peanuts.

11/09/2014 15:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Summer, I would charge 7euro an hr for siblings n so four hours would be 25euro an evening....I dont do food for the very reason you mention..I dont mind if wrap made up n I would cook it etc...

08/09/2014 10:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Personally 320 would be too much for parents to stomach, in rural wesr ireland location...id be at 55 a day so 275 a week. My home, no food, nappies etc....

10/09/2014 09:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I dont charge for bank hols as want them off myself or any holiday time either..happy if parents pay my rate n they happy as feel they not taken advantage of so im kept busy...

Childminding fees           reply
06/09/2014 12:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
These are my set fees for sept 2014. Just wondering are other qualified, registered, insured, vetted etc on the same page as me.thanks in advance for any replies.
Full time baby, toddler @ 35.00 per day8-6
Preschool attendees @ 30 per day 8-6
Before/afterschool children @ 25 per day 8-6
I provide part time for all ages at 5 euro per hour.
Parents suppliy nappies baby food etc. I give breakfast, lunch and dinner and parents dend lunch boxes and snacks. Schools are walking distance so no real need for petrol overhead.

18/09/2014 10:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you for your response. She is looking to mind in their home. I told her 10 euro an hour and she is still meeting me mon but was asking would I still charge 10 euro when I only had the baby in the morning? So do you think 10 euro is reasonable? Thats 300 for the 3days. Thank you.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;