Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminding at home

re... : Childminding at home           reply
16/01/2017 23:08 - Parents Associations
-----------------------------------
http://bbbloggers.com/missbettsycrafts/2014/01/14/childminding-business-plan/
Nice list questions in that piece. Just answer each one and you´ll have a plan.
Yes, following Budget there will be more demand for spaces in creches and Tusla registered childminders offering subsidised childcare and the universal payment. The non Tusla registered childminder (be they unregistered or registered) are allowed offer neither unless things change. Childminders not Tusla registered will have to reply on families who aren´t in need of this new scheme and so the market has got very small.
There has always been demand for the childminder especially if family value the often individual or small number care if ratios are followed or need part time care or rates are affordable but only time will tell what the true effect is, many families will have no choice but turn to what saves them money. The point is it may be unsustainable in future to offer a professional childminding service, especially if one has bills and can´t afford quiet times while at the same time overheads must still be met.

re : Childminding at home           reply
14/01/2017 20:50 - Parents Associations
Business plan for what (childminding but uv posted in PA) and why? Iv experience in both.

17/01/2017 15:43 - Parents Associations
Thank you very much for your help again:) so what do you think from your opinion is it good to be registered childminder? I had chance to go to work for crèche, but they prefer to be flexi , that´s why I want to try this a be with my 2 kids aswell:) (8 and 5 yrs).

15/01/2017 00:31 - Parents Associations
If you Google business plan templates, loads come up or pop into the banks/credit union theyv information. Contact childminding ireland and your county childcare committee as I´m sure they will help also. Are you aware new childcare scheme starting Sept 2017 and fact it will wipe out the small professional childminder in many cases as demand won´t be there. The government current policy is to support large childcare centres or services opening up in national school grounds.
Iv no idea re your plans with social welfare or fact grant available (if this the 1k government childminding grant one can get every two years its just closed last December) but if you need to have a guaranteed income to pay your bills then childminding is not that in this current environment. Plus no holiday pay or days you sick, maybe no bank holidays, alot parents not happy pay when kid/s off etc. Competition from the unregistered has seriously grown in last few years and as theyv no overheads etc can charge a cheap rate while abusing ratios meaning nice days wages. The cost of insurance has increased too as it effects your house (some companies wont even quote when you say youv a childminding service) and car policy, if you go Childminding Ireland its 155euro etc.
If there´s a social welfare grant I´d try and speak to a person or few whov done this before you jump into professional childminding. Best of luck with it all if you do go ahead.

17/01/2017 19:51 - Parents Associations
Its tough question, only time will tell...its always been better to be registered, safer for all, easier have a working life etc...all groups I´m part of are concerned.
Alot professional childminders set up with their own children small but once school age alot move to working outside the home. Did you meet anyone who´s on your scheme and see how they found it. See have any small preschools closed down in your area etc. Have you contacted your county childcare committee and see if any advice.. I know mine in the dark re the new scheme same as everyone.

16/01/2017 10:12 - Parents Associations
thank you for your advice and opinion. i did childcare course and a lot people and teacher told me actually this year is very good to open childminder at home, cause a lot creches are full while new budget 2017 for childcare. anyway i want to try that, ill see how will going.
I know about templates on google i red, but still i dont know what to write:)ill have meeting in galway citizen partnership they going to help me but they need to bring something what i started some marketing strategy, business plan template maybe....
thank you for your help.

Childminding at home           reply
14/01/2017 20:03 - Parents Associations (Locality: Galway)
Hello everyone:) could you help me with business plan?

re : Childminding at home           reply
14/01/2017 20:59 - Parents Associations
I need for to be registered like self employed, for Grant from social I´m on allowance.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;