Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminding Rates, Meath

re... : Childminding Rates, Meath           reply
01/02/2017 18:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Agree with Peng, uninsured such a risk to take. Is she using her car for school runs? Such a risk if that´s the case, alot unregistered avoid school runs by taking babies or have husbands etc doing school runs so easy say doing a favour for the family getting around car insurance.
Reads like alot kids (even within notified ratio for preschoolers of three). Unless others minded kids parttimers. Has minder her own kids aswell!? The selling point of a professional childminder is the small, sometimes even individual care at times. Alot kids means childminder will be stretched and this is where accidents or poor quality care will occur.
Rates average €5 an hour but adjust accordingly for lack of insurance, prsi, tax etc. Insist on first aid as a minimum.

re : Childminding Rates, Meath           reply
01/02/2017 17:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Firstly, I would be very wary going with a minder who is not registered or notified to relevant people. Does she have insurance, garda Vetting or First Aid??
These, for me, would really be non negotiable . . . but that is your call to make xx
I can only quote as a notified minder x
It is a long day: 12 hours as we don´t charge for half days, usually €5 per hour.
You´re likely talking 50-60 per day. Most won´t discount for preschool as they cannot fill a 3 hour slot but also are on call . . . and usually have to drop off and collect (irrespective of the distance x)
Once she stays that it is 3 or less minded children (of a preschool age or younger) she can be notified and it really isn´t complicated . . . I would be more than happy to direct you or her as to what to do x
The other children she minds shouldn´t affect her price but I would urge you to maybe suggest she becomes notified, she is perfectly within the parameters for it x
Feel free to PM and I am happy to give advice on going with a legitimate / notified minder x

Childminding Rates, Meath           reply
01/02/2017 13:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Just wondering what the daily rate should be for 1 child in minders home. From 7.30 to 6 pm, with the child attending pre-school from 9.15 to 12.15. The minder does the school drop (3 min´s drive), I would be providing all meals, the minder is not registered and also looks after 2 other school going children and 2 other pre school children. Any advice is appreciated.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;