Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminding/After-school - Glasnevin area

Childminding/After-school - Glasnevin area           reply
15/01/2014 09:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
Hi all,

My child will be attending school in Glasnevin area (either one of two Educate Togethers or Glasnevin National School) from September. Though it is a little early to start looking, we have been informed by our current childminder (a relation) that they will not be in a position to continue looking after our little girl from this summer.
I would like to find out rates for after-school childminding – she would be picked up at about 5.15 every day and will be dropped by a parent to school. At the moment I would envisage that this will be for 4 days a week as my mother will be looking after her one afternoon per week. I would also like rates for full days in the summer 8.45-5.15…
All advice and information would be appreciated. She has always been with a childminder from when she was 9 months old and over the past 18 months with a family member, so I would like a “home away from home” set-up if at all possible. I also imagine that the impact of both starting school and changing minder needs to be controlled to the best extent possible, particularly as it is possible (depending on which school she goes to) that her current childminder will be picking up her own children from there and this could be confusing, so I would be hoping for a gradual introduction to the new arrangements before September.
Thanks

re : Childminding/After-school - Glasnevin area           reply
15/01/2014 11:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi ive pm´d you

discussion forum terms & conditions

;