Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminder or babysitter or...?

re : Childminder or babysitter or...?           reply
22/08/2012 10:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi,
I have an staffing agency which deals specifically in home care and health care. Our staff are all Garda vetted and references are checked, they woiuld all have basic first aid as well as other key skills. 0419818418

Childminder or babysitter or...?           reply
21/08/2012 15:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
Hello everyone! My family´s new in Ireland, we just moved here from Sweden. I have a 9 yr old daughter. My husband & I work shifts, so I need to find someone who is flexible. Is that possible? If so, do I look for a childminder or a babysitter? I´m afraid I don´t really know the difference. As she´s 9, she basically does not need much attention, it´s just being in a new place & country, she´s afraid to be alone at home & I´d just feel better knowing that she´s with a responsible adult. Basically 2 weeks in a month, is when I´d need someone to come and keep her company, about 4 times/wk. Never on a Sunday, but there’d be Saturdays. The off days changes as to our schedules. Each time will be for 4 hours - 4pm to 8pm weekdays, 12pm to 4pm on Saturdays. The babysitter / childminder will not need to do anything, maybe suggest a walk together & play some games now & then, otherwise the babysitter / childminder can just watch TV, read, study, etc during the 4 hours here. I’m hoping that there’s an option where this person can help with the floors. We live in a small 2 bedroom apartment & it’s just to hoover & mop once a week. That’s it, nothing else. What would I need to pay for such a help? Thanks in advance for all your advise.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;