Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminder and a bit of respect

re : Childminder and a bit of respect           reply
31/03/2014 17:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Bad manners I think not to hear back, even a thanks we filled our post. Good manners cost nothing.

re... : Childminder and a bit of respect           reply
31/03/2014 11:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes, that sort of things is totally annoying or indeed someone else had put up here about an interview parent not turning up, that is not right considering a childminder works from home and has especially put time aside for the parent.
But complaining about not getting a call back and linking it to respect is not right...parents are busy people too.

31/03/2014 10:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I cant honestly see why any childminder would get bothered if a parent doesnt ring back after a meeting. Do all candidates for any job whether its the local chippy or a MNC, get a call to say sorry you didnt get the job....How many times have I priced a job with a joinery company, a hotel, etc and I just stay in contact with the one im going with.
Childminding is a business and I feel one needs to toughen up, you cant win them all...

Childminder and a bit of respect           reply
30/03/2014 17:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi,just regarding Childminders and parents.I do not understand why Parents message or text,re rates,etc and as a childminder we respond and then nothing,it´s so rude.When parents come to my home for a interview and then don´t even text,a simple message would do to say they have filled the position,thanks.

31/03/2014 10:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
it dosent bother me anymore.but i have heard of some childminders getting a minding job they are meant to start on such a day.the parents are waiting for minder to turn up to mind and the minder never turned up.now that is wrong that is a horrible thing to do.that is way worse if i was the parent waiting for my minder i would be very peed off.

31/03/2014 16:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think people are so rude. It is amazing how parents have time to spend an hour in a childminders house when it suits them but cannot even spare the time to send a text message. The way childminders are treated is disgraceful in my opinion and you can tell from this thread the little respect parents have for them which is laughable because these are the people that parents entrust with the well being of their children.

30/03/2014 19:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yep its happens a lot.ive had it a few times parents call to your house everythings grand.they say we will call during the week to say if you do or dont have job.never happens

discussion forum terms & conditions

;