Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminder Fees - How Much is reasonable?

re... : Childminder Fees - How Much is reasonable?           reply
08/07/2015 21:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hope your sorted now but basically it seems rates in Dublin have risen after a poster pointed it out here last week n I only now have time to research, it seems €8 more appropriate for one child with €45 to €60 the average day...

Childminder Fees - How Much is reasonable?           reply
26/06/2015 08:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin West)
Hi
Just Looking for some advice on Childminder Fees as a first time mammy. Was given a quote the other day & it was very expensive. This would be in the persons house, and naturally I would have to provide all my baby needs including food & car seat.
What is a reasonable weekly average? Would hope child being with the person only 8-9 hours a day. For the beginning 4 days a week, then in the new year possibly 5.
Also, should I expect to pay for when my child is not with the minder for example on holidays, bank holidays, sick?
Any advice would be appreciated

re... : Childminder Fees - How Much is reasonable?           reply
26/06/2015 10:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for this firstly! I can assure you I´m fully aware of the job in hand and that it requires a lot of work. So apologies if I sounded bad saying only 8-9 hours. Trust me I´d rather not be leaving my child with anyone other then myself 😀.
You have kind of hit on a couple of things for me, standard average rate being €5 ph and also that they should have a car seat themselves. I would have thought that myself so when I was told I´d need to have these for them in their care I was questioning it.
No anti social hours, and it´s mon to Friday.
Thanks again

re : Childminder Fees - How Much is reasonable?           reply
26/06/2015 09:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Not wanting to be a nit picker but ONLY 8/9 hours a day pops out at me..childminding is a responsible job and depending on child or day in question it can be tough, it´s far from watching TV or having whole house clean, alot registered cmers employ a cleaner as their full attention on kids all day...standard rate is €5 an hr with room for discount if fulltime...I know some registered cmers who charge €40 a day strictly for baby
Perhaps you prefer supply a carseat but a professional cmer should supply her own that suits her car n needs
Generally you pay when child booked in and don´t pay when cmer unavailable...be honest with your childminder if you looking for something different and see how it goes
Do you want say what your quote was and hrs perhaps youv antisocial hours...

discussion forum terms & conditions

;