Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Asthma- A Teachers Perspective

Asthma- A Teachers Perspective           reply
23/09/2010 09:21 - Education Cutbacks
-----------------------------------
My name is Cliona Coleman, I am a final year student of Environmental Health in Dublin Institute of Technology, Cathal Brugha Street, Dublin. I am currently on placement in Galway in the HSE.
For my final year thesis I have chosen the title;-Asthma in Adolescent Pupils. As part of my research for my thesis I am seeking 100 Secondary School Teachers to complete a short questionnaire relevant to the contents of my thesis. I am trying to gain a perspective from pupils with asthma living with the illness in school and also how helpless or helpful teachers are for the pupils in the school when faced with an asthma attack. Some of the teachers I have spoken to have told me that it can be a distressing time for them when a pupil has an attack as they feel totally helpless. Others whom have had some experience dealing with asthma attacks or they have a child who is an asthmatic had no problem dealing with an attack. For my research I want to find out how other teachers feel when put in this situation and whether they feel there should be more done to protect them from feeling helpless.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my discussion to complete my questionnaire please click the link below.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RZFFNPR

discussion forum terms & conditions

;