Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Applying for secondary school South Dublin

re... : Applying for secondary school South Dublin           reply
27/03/2014 09:29 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi, we are also new to the area with a young baby. Can anyone list the good non- fee paying schools in Sth Dub? So far been recommended Muckross Park but that´s all.

27/03/2014 21:31 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi Hazel4,
I would really reccomend Muckross as it is a great school, both me and my sister went there :). But if you still need other reccomendations I hear Our Lady´s in Terenure is very good.
Hope this helped!

re : Applying for secondary school South Dublin           reply
20/03/2014 19:06 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi CPotts, I would advise you to start applying immediately. We returned from the UK with two children (one d, one s) in 2007, and daughter started in Snr Infs in that September. I was advised in no uncertain terms to apply immediately for places in secondary schools, but was already way too late, as it turned out, for her nearest secondary school. On receiving the KGA letter (kindly go away!) in 2011, I applied all round me, but only got offers in 3 schools (2 fee-paying, one state). We´re still waiting for another (fee-paying) school to see where we end up with that. Luckily, we´re delighted with the schools where we do have places. So, ask around your area for feedback and start applying as soon as you can. Better to have places than to be panicking like I was.
Best wishes

20/03/2014 19:42 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
We have also come from the UK and it´s crazy to think about registering for secondary at this stage. Many thanks for the advice, I´ll be putting in applications far and wide on Monday.

21/03/2014 09:00 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi CPotts, my daughter was 6 months when I put her name down for secondary schools. When the time came I had my pick of schools. Would recommend putting the children´s names down as soon as possible.
Ann

Applying for secondary school South Dublin           reply
20/03/2014 10:17 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
We have just moved to Dublin and managed to get a place in a really nice non-fee paying school locally. She is only in junior infants but already people are talking to me about secondary schools! When do I need to put her name down or should I just register her name with a load of secondary schools even at this early stage?

discussion forum terms & conditions

;