Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Any reviews of Ashton Comprehensive secondary school in Cork?

re... : Any reviews of Ashton Comprehensive secondary school in Cork?           reply
12/04/2009 14:43 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Bishopstown is closer to UCC but property to rent should be slightly more expensive. A lot depends on whether you intend to buy a car. Bishopstown is a nice area in which to live as it´s close to town and many other amenities. Having said that, Ballincollig has improved a lot in recent years as far as shopping and other amenities too. You could walk to UCC from Bishopstown though whereas it would be a bit of a stretch from Ballincollig. You could always go for an area like Wilton/Glasheen (slightly closer to UCC but very near Bishopstown and within walking distance of many amenities, as well as the city centre)

re... : Any reviews of Ashton Comprehensive secondary school in Cork?           reply
12/04/2009 14:45 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
If however you were considering Ashton, you would want to be looking in the Blackrock area. There are, however, many older style houses closer to the city centre. My advice would be to get an idea of the property available be going on the internet or perhaps looking at Daft.ie .

Any reviews of Ashton Comprehensive secondary school in Cork?           reply
11/04/2009 19:17 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Cork)
I am looking for my 14 years old son a public, co-ed secondary school in Cork as I am new to Ireland and Cork, we are moving from San Francisco bay area to Cork this summer because of my husband;s research work at UCC
Thank you for any help or suggestions on schools.

12/04/2009 23:26 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Public transport from Ballincollig isn´t great. I´m afraid, not as many people use public transport in Cork as they do in other European cities, unfortunately. There are some good places near U.C.C. for walking dogs such as The Lee Fields and The Lough.

13/04/2009 00:08 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Are you really positive that you would only consider Co-Ed schools? I understand where you are coming from but I doon´t know if you understand fully how many excellent schools you are eliminating from your search.

re : Any reviews of Ashton Comprehensive secondary school in Cork?           reply
11/04/2009 22:41 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
From what I have heard of Ashton, it has got a good reputation. It´s Church of Ireland run. I have no idea whether or not you would get a place there though.

12/04/2009 23:43 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
All I know about is that Ashton it´s co-ed and is close to the city centre and U.C.C.. It seems to have a good reputation and is Church of Ireland run. As Lynda has said, you would need to email the school about availability. I don´t know about the range of subjects on offer which would be something odf relevance to your son. That´s something you would need to check with the school.

12/04/2009 19:40 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Thank you
I was checking the prices to rent in Bishopstown and Ballincollig or Wilton area and I can tell you it;s much more cheaper what we pay here in SF Bay area... I just want to be close to a grocery store, market, school, parks to walk my doggy miniature dachshund and etc. My husband doesn´t want to get a car, he says in Europe everybody use a public transportation, bike or walk
That;s why I want to be close as much as possible to all necessary amenities.

12/04/2009 04:14 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Thank you

Where do you think better to live I mean to rent a house near Bishopstown school or in Ballincollig near Colaiste Cholim school?

discussion forum terms & conditions

;