Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Am i asking for too much?

re : Am i asking for too much?           reply
25/07/2013 09:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
No, I think you are being very fair. I am also a childminder and I always struggle when charging. We are working for half the minimum wage as it is. People don´t realise the work that is involved with caring for others children and some expect it for nothing. I am qualified and it is the least paying profession, but yet children are and should be the parents top priority.

re... : Am i asking for too much?           reply
19/07/2013 21:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
What I do is add up the hours per day and any extra costs and then come to a figure Im happy to do the work for. It can be a tiring job and it is a responsible job. It can be a struggle to meet a rate that suits everyone sometimes. Iv turned away work where the pay would be just too low to work for, once it was only a €5 in the difference in the day rate.

19/07/2013 20:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
To answer your question ´´no´´ you are not asking too much

Am i asking for too much?           reply
19/07/2013 12:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Waterford)
Just quoted a lady for minding her six year old son in my home from 8.00 until 6pm in school holidays 4 euro per hour and was told i was very expensive.I will also be picking him up from school in September and minding him from 2pm until 5pm and she was happy with the 4 euro fee.I was looking after 2 year old up until recently for 3.50 which i thought was too low hence i raised the rate to 4.I don´t want to price myself out of a job but want to be charging right amount.I have been childminding a long time and i always struggle with charging

20/07/2013 11:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
5 euro is the going rate.so your not charging to much.some parents. wouldent.think twice about.paying 100 euro for a new hairstyle.most times the parents.have done their home work on prices.and know exactly what.the rates are.and will chance it.by saying your 2 expensive.but there.is nothing wrong.with negotiating a good deal.which will suit both sides.

re... : Am i asking for too much?           reply
26/07/2013 07:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you very much for all the replies they were very helpful.Met with this lady and her son and we had a lengthy discussion about charging and what i was providing for her child .We got on very well and she very quickly decided I was not over charging and was happy to take me on as a minder.I am happy and so is she so that´s the main thing .Thanks again

discussion forum terms & conditions

;