Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Am I Getting paid correctly

Am I Getting paid correctly           reply
26/05/2014 16:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi every one. I currently mind 2 children in their home and take along my child also. I do 2 school runs, Cook dinners, do homework, clean , Do washes and iron clothes. I do from 12 untill 5 . Im wondering what would be the right pay. As my boss told me there is no hourly rate for childminding.

re... : Am I Getting paid correctly           reply
26/05/2014 23:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
43 euro a day is a disgrace.these people are dictating what happens.so when its full days how much will you get.when you say euro a day what does that mean.are they offering you a euro an hour extra.for what you are doing you should be on 15/20 an hour.they really are taking advantage of you.how long have you worked for these people and what are their jobs.you are basically keeping their house in order for them.if they want a cook and house keeper they should employ one or pay you more.if they lose you they will end up paying out a lot more 15 euro at least.. i would try and negotiate with them if they wont listen its up to you if you stay or go.if that was me i would leave.im minding 2 lovely girls at the moment and their fantastic girls to mind.last year i had the same problem as you i left after a few months.they wanted a childminder/slave the daughter told me that the parents said to her i had to do what she said.the girl would throw things on the floor then tell me to pick it up.i told the parents about this all they did was laugh.plus i often had to chase them for my money .these people think they own you and can make you do what they want.

28/05/2014 17:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i get 130 for 5 hours 3 days a week. she gives me 20 towards deseal money so thes 110 euro for 15 hours. I have stopped doing the cleaning and washing am i am only doing the school runs , dinners and childminding.
no i dont get paid for missed days or holidays ..

28/05/2014 09:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
sorry made a mistake she gives you 43 a day.you should be on around 80 a day.the neck of her to say that most only get 15 euro for those hours.a cook childminder and house keeper for 15 a day. and not even petrol coverage either i bet she feels very smug.no wonder she is nice .do they pay for days when any child is sick and do they cover you for their holidays.

30/05/2014 08:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I didnt bring up the subject about the cleaning and everything. after we had the chat about pay i just stopped doing it. I would get texts in the mornings asking to hand out a wash or make bed ect. but i havnt got one since. so all in all i supose now im only childminding cooking and oing schol runs.

28/05/2014 18:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
well done you on cutting down the work...id still work on the rate of pay though. Hopefully the cooking are easy recipes and not time consuming ones. Alot of my parents bulk cook and freeze the food into usable amounts so this could save you cooking daily, something to consider!!

27/05/2014 23:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
nice people dont pay your bills.nor do they pay your petrol bills.and you are doing school pick ups.this nice woman is paying you 3 euro an hour and you are using your own petrol.what they are paying you is an insult.i think you should start negotiating a new deal.let them do their own laundry cook their own meals.maybe do the kids meals and let them clean their own house.the neck of them wanting all that for 15 euro a day.if you leave they wont be getting anyone for 15 a day thats a fact.what jobs do they have.let us know what happens.

27/05/2014 10:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes i am minding the kids in her house. i did approach her on the subject and was told that for the hours im on 12-5, that most people would only pay 15 euro for the day. i feel awful because she is a nice woman. i just feel like i get no thanks. like you , the kids i mind are quiet challenging but i adore them. ive been with them over two years now, i took 6 months off to have my daughter and now bring her with me. .. im so confused. was it wrong on my part to ask for the payment we agreed on at the beginning?

re : Am I Getting paid correctly           reply
26/05/2014 17:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
there is an option for hourly rates.what are they paying you.please dont say its 50 a day you should be on around 12 euro for childminding. but you are also their cook and cleaner plus you also do school pick ups.they should be paying 20 euro an hour concidering they want you as a cook and cleaner.and you also do their laundry. a cook gets more than 10 euro an hour a cleaner gets the same.

27/05/2014 10:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Dear god, she may be nice but boy she is cute. You are seriously underpaid. What did she do for six months you were off. You need a proper days pay for all the work you do or at least cut out the housekeeping duties n just childmind with perhaps clean as you go idea.. Have you considered childminding from home, now youv ur little one so much handier....

26/05/2014 22:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
so your getting paid €43 per day to mind cook clean and iron?am i right in their home?

26/05/2014 19:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
thanks a mil for your comments. As it stands I am getting 130 a week. for 3days 12 to 5. some days it might be half four or quarter to 5. im never really sure.. We were talking and my hours are going up during the summer . 8.45 to 4. but she says ill only be on Euro a day then ? i just need to figure out if this is the going rate.
Thanks so much

28/05/2014 23:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
glad to see you got something sorted.110 for kids though still isent enough.no holiday pay or day of pay either.for what you are doing for them,the decent thing would be to pay for those times.how did they take it.when you brought up the subject of cleaning and stuff.

re : Am I Getting paid correctly           reply
26/05/2014 17:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
How much do you get for the 5hr work would spark a reaction from all here. How far is the school from you.
You boss sounds bit much in the comment youv given, you need to act like your the professional offering a good quality service., I charge by the hr if small hours, 5 hours to me would be small hours. Are you registered as an employee of the household.
I charge 7euro an hr for 2 siblings in my own house, no cooking etc as parents do all food for me. I do hope your on a much higher rate as you are in their home and do extra duties......

discussion forum terms & conditions

;