Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Advice on how much to pay for child minding

re... : Advice on how much to pay for child minding           reply
24/06/2015 08:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thanks ladies:). I am in Dublin and it would be in their house. Going to do up a list before I talk to her. Thanks again.

re : Advice on how much to pay for child minding           reply
23/06/2015 21:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think €10 per hour is the going rate generally but you could negotiate a daily rate. It depends on where you are I guess but I would think €5 per hour would be very low in Dublin...

Advice on how much to pay for child minding           reply
22/06/2015 20:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
Hi all,
I´m a first time mam and will be going back to work shortly. My baby will be 1. Just wondering how much is acceptable to pay a neighbour who is a mum herself for looking after my little one? The hours would be 3-4 days a week from 8-5. Any advice appreciated.

23/06/2015 20:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€5 an hr, you might agree a daily rate..if it´s your neighbour first time cming make sure ye write down everything to avoid misunderstandings

03/07/2015 07:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for the advice ladies. Well was going to prepare all food to give to the minder to make it easier. 55-60 seems high, would this be for someone with childcare qualifications?
Have spoken to friends with minders and they pay between 35 -45 a day so might suggest this and see how she feels.
Thanks again.

24/06/2015 07:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€5 would be in cmers house, which I assumed it was...
Minimum wage at least in family home employing nanny...

23/06/2015 20:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Definitely, loads try cming thinking it a handy number but reality is very different..it´s a responsible job that one is taking payment...normally when one reads neighbour or friend or family it´s first time cmer...draw up a simple contract re hours, pay, when she paid, bank hols, food....leaves less room for misunderstandings or falling out...

05/07/2015 18:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have to disagree re playschool hours discounting...it´s become an issue in recent times with parents looking for discounts or not pay and cmers need to be paid for the ecce hours if doing both dropping and collecting...
I´d be cming two siblings for €8 in a rural location...

03/07/2015 08:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
55-60 is not someone with childcare qualifications but a very experienced mam.... When it boils down to it it is only between 6-6.60 am hr...she may be happy with that....I really hope you sort it... Another thing that you may not consider... Sick days.... If your child is sick and can´t go to childminder you should still pay her but the other way around and she takes a day off you don´t.... Just have these things in order for when she starts... Maybe have it in writing so there´s no confusion in the future... And when your child starts playschool you should pay her half fee while your child is in school as she will more than likely to be on stand by as an emergency contact.... I know I seem picky but believe me I´m speaking from experience.... Good and bad!!!

05/07/2015 10:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Cheers for all the tips Lulu. I appreciate your advice. Thanks again.

23/06/2015 20:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for advice, good idea to write things down. Thanks again:)

02/07/2015 17:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi. I also feel that five euro is very low for dublin. Maybe in s childminders house where they are minding other children also.

02/07/2015 22:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
As a childminder for the past 8 years in dublin North, the going rate is €8 an hr... Or agree a daily rate of €55-€60 a day... Good idea to send main meal for child as childminder can always work around snacks.... Starting off I would def write things down...if they expect to get paid for bank holidays etc...so important to feel comfortable with childminder as you´ll be in work all day and don´t need extra stress...hope everything works out well for you.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;