Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

7yr old sex ed

re : 7yr old sex ed           reply
22/11/2011 11:50 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
The thoughts of having that "Chat" can be quite a challenge for a parent! However, it is important that we tell our children, in an age appropriate way, the information that they need. Without firm information, children may wonder what this is all about and imagine all kinds of scenarios. Similarly, it is better that they hear good information from you rather than the poor information that may be available from other children of their age.
There is an excellent book available called Busy Bodies which explains very clearly the facts of life for children. If you would like a copy, send a stamped addressed envelope to the address on www.HelpMe2Parent.ie and we will send it out.
There is also an excellent article on this site with lots of tips for parents - you can view it by clicking this link:
www.schooldays.ie/articles/Talk-about-sex-6---12-yrs

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

7yr old sex ed           reply
21/11/2011 21:39 - Ask Mother Hen (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
Hi,

My 7yr old son has started to say the word sex and doing actions!! I don´t know how to approach the subject or how much detail do you go into at this age? Any good books you could recommend for me to read first?

Please help.
Thanks

discussion forum terms & conditions

;